Volunteering for AMP Sessions
Help inspire youth
We bring our students to UNO, Creighton University, and Bellevue University throughout the school year for academic mentoring & tutoring with current college students. We find that our students are excited, engaged, and inspired by working with volunteer tutors in college.
On each campus, we facilitate 6 sessions each semester totaling 12 per academic year. Our students love seeing the same tutors throughout the year, and often, form a strong bond with them. See the schedule below for date-specific information.
We are seeking volunteers from UNO, Creighton University, and Bellevue University to act as mentors and tutors during our SAVE sessions on campus. You are welcome at all sessions or just a few. Sessions are held on campus, making travel minimal.
By volunteering with SAVE, you can:
- Gain experience working with diverse populations of kids
- Be a part of inspiring the next generation
- Add to your resume without making a huge time commitment
- Fulfill scholarship volunteer requirements in a meaningful way
- Request letters of recommendation
- Receive high-quality resources such as professional development, training, newsletters, and mentorship from staff and local organizations
- Gain opportunities for part-time/full-time paid work
- Make impactful connections with youth!
Join us for one or all!
|UNO: Wednesdays, 3:45-5:15p||Creighton: Mondays, 5:00-6:30p||Bellevue: Tuesdays, 3:45-5:15p|
|Sept 21||Sept 19||Sept 27|
|Oct 12||Oct 3||Oct 11|
|Oct 26||Oct 17||Oct 25|
|Nov 2||Oct 24||Nov 1|
|Nov 16||Nov 7||Nov 15|
|Nov 30||Nov 14||Nov 29|
|Feb 8||Jan 23||Feb 7|
|Feb 22||Feb 6||Feb 21|
|Mar 8||Feb 27||Mar 7|
|Mar 29||Mar 20||Mar 21|
|Apr 12||Mar 27||Apr 4|
|Apr 26||Apr 24||Apr 18|
Other Volunteering Opportunities
“AMP IT UP” Basketball Tournament
We also need volunteers for our annual “AMP IT UP” Basketball Tournament. All the proceeds from this tournament will benefit the Academic Mentoring program.
Mark your calendar!
This year’s tournament will take place February 24-26, 2023. We hope to see you there!